Online Roulette in Canada
Roulette is an elite game in any Canadian online casino. With its combination of simple but exciting gameplay and a wide range of betting options, roulette is popular among both new and experienced casino players.
Now, there are several varieties of roulette, with different rules and different odds. Most popular variations in Canada are described below:
- European Roulette: the most widespread variation of roulette with a wheel of 37 fields numbered from 0 to 36 and colored in green (0 only), red and black.
- American Roulette: it is similar to European Roulette, but with an additional zero pocket, which gives the ball a total of 38 possible stops. This extra pocket increases the number of potential outcomes for each spin, which gives the casino a greater advantage.
- French Roulette: it looks similar to European Roulette, but the playing field has a different layout. French Roulette has several different betting options, including the La Partage rule, according to which the player loses a half of his bet on a zero.
- Live Roulette: this type of roulette has become increasingly popular in recent years and it is available at the best online roulette sites. The games are broadcasted from a specially created live casino studio, which really makes you feel like you’re playing roulette for real, even if you’re in fact at home.
Mobile Version of Online Roulette
The ability to play roulette anywhere is featured on most of the best online roulette sites. You won’t feel any inconvenience because software developers create roulette games for cell phones. What’s more nice, some Canadian online casinos sometimes offer exclusive bonuses for mobile devices.
Quick Guide and Roulette Rules
The goal of this game is to bet on a specific sector, or on several sectors. Players make different bets on where the roulette ball will stop: on one number, different groups of numbers, red or black, odd or even numbers, numbers from 1 to 18 and from 19 to 36.
If you play roulette online or in a regular casino, the odds are always the same. But the chances of winning are different depending on the roulette variant you choose. In European roulette, the casino has a 2.7% advantage, while the American version has a 5.26% advantage.
Bets on the roulette table are separated into several categories – inside and outside bets.
- Column: when the numbers on the table are divided into columns, you bet that the ball hits one of the numbers in the column.
- Dozen: you bet that the ball will land on a number of one of the three dozen.
- Odd/Even: you bet that the ball will land in an odd or even cell. Cells 0 and 00 are excluded from this bet.
- Small/Large: bet on the ball landing on a small (1-18) or large number (19-36).
- Red/Black: bet on the color of the sector where the ball will land.
- Straight Bet: betting on one number.
- Split: bet on two numbers while your chips are on the line between the two chosen numbers.
- Straight: bet on a row of three numbers.
- Corner : bet on four neighboring numbers by placing your chips on the corner where all the numbers meet.
- Double street: you put your bet on two rows of numbers, a total of six figures.
- Basket is only available in American Roulette: it is a five-number bet that lets players bet on zero, double zero, 1, 2 and 3.
What do you need to start playing online Roulette
Before you start playing roulette for real money, whether online or at a real Canadian casino, take a realistic appraisal of your finances. Plan a roulette game with a certain amount, so that losing it will not cause you the discomfort of conscience and unpleasant feelings. The game should bring positive emotions first of all, not only financial profit.